Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0r4l3.l5k.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

From: Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: is my phone ON or is it OFF?
Date: 30 Apr 2024 14:01:50 GMT

Arno Welzel <usenet@arnowelzel.de> wrote:
> bad sector, 2024-04-30 13:21:
>
> > On 4/30/24 05:57, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> [...]
> >>    Are these scenarios even possible?
> >>
> >>    (AFAIK,) For a still active phone call: If the remote party 'hangs
> >> up', the connection is terminated and the local phone will be 'on hook'
> >> again.
> >
> > Once (when we were all driving used Chevvy-II's and Pintos with babies
> > in cribs or child seats) my sister-in-law got a call from her dad
> > telling her that they were welcome to visit any time (he lived on the
> > coast). She and her husband were very happy to hear that. But the old
> > fart kept failing to hang-up so several minutes after that call one of
> > them picked up the phone only to hear him say to someone physically
> > beside him "the Rockafellers are coming visiting".
>
> When they did not hang up, yes then this is possible - otherwise not.

  But that was a scenario with a normal (not mobile) phone with a
seperate handpiece/receiver (we Dutch call it the 'hoorn' (horn). As I
mentioned, (AFAIK, for the reasons I gave) such a scenario is not
possible for a smartphone (and probably also not for most 'dumb'/feature
phones).

  My take is that 'bad sector' just wants to ramble/vent.