Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0r5ajp1mu2d29csdad8gg2bru7gi0femi@4ax.com>

From: John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Some bicycle paths...
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 07:57:40 +0700
References: <tmhv9jl28kiomod2ht5vrbjmr6kd8u0d43@4ax.com> <v7qe8n$1liqa$4@dont-email.me> <dkk1aj5e39d0iu8sjr937fhnk1j6t6biea@4ax.com> <l1p1aj9vhplp4r2qqb2seed6dmmdvletls@4ax.com> <v7r3r1$1nug0$1@dont-email.me> <v7r6v6$1q2ff$1@dont-email.me> <cn63ajhof05ufg9beuuoksdar1uqqrj66k@4ax.com> <v7s82e$1va65$2@dont-email.me> <etc4ajp3jdeq2c6tmn73v98rq7ftuqddkm@4ax.com> <g1g4aj90e4codctdhummefsm8okc8dkt45@4ax.com> <h0j4aj5g5l4hq49o71uhmh6adagrf348q0@4ax.com>

On Thu, 25 Jul 2024 09:11:18 -0400, Catrike Ryder
<Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Jul 2024 19:35:15 +0700, John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 25 Jul 2024 07:17:08 -0400, Catrike Ryder
>><Soloman@old.bikers.org> wrote:

>>>No more than any other gun, and handguns kill far more people than the
>>>guns you argue against.

>>>Apparently, nobody cares what you're saying.

>>Well, I don't own any guns at the moment but when  I was shooting I
>>owned a considerable number over the years. I've, for example, owned,
>>and shot, a number of muzzle loading rifles, I've owned pistols
>>ranging from .22 to ,45 Colt Auto, Rifles in many sizes and I even
>>built custom varmint rifles and a few custom deer rifles.
>>But, no, I've never owned an AR type as I don't have any use for one
>>but if I was still shooting in rifle matches I would certainly have
>>several.
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_power_rifle
>>But I suppose he has to make up some sort of story to appear to have
>>at least a small knowledge about guns, but his ignorance is such that
>>his arguments prove, over and over again how little knowledge he
>>really has.
>

>Krygowski fallaciously suggests that it's wrong to argue in favor of
>anything you don't own.  One of the detriments of buying a good AR15
>is the price. However, if they only cost a couple hundred bucks, I'd
>probably buy one, if for no other reason, just to thumb my nose at the
>anti-AR15 loons.

In  the beginning of this post there is a statement by Frankie
"The guns I argue against are absolutely designed to kill people"
And, as I've pointed out time after time  there are a multitude of
firearms that have been built to kill people ranging, in the U.S. from
the U.S. Musket Model 1795, Musket.
Does Frankie condemn flint lock muskets?

Then, of course, there the "not made to kill people" firearms, to use
Frankie's nomenclature", like the Beretta model 71 .22 pistol used by
the Mossad during the "Wrath of God" campaign as an assassination
firearm and the seven hundred Remington Model 40x rifles
(target/varmint version of the Remington Model 700 bolt-action rifle)
used by the U.S.Marines in the Vietnam boondoggle.

Or to put it another way.... Frankie doesn't know what he is talking
about.

--
Cheers,

John B.