Article <v0skoe$o2t$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0skoe$o2t$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: The 10 Worst Smartphones Of All Time
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 05:42:38 -0000 (UTC)

badgolferman wrote on Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:19:25 -0000 (UTC) :

>>Nice list.  8 Android phones, 1 Blackberry and 1 Apple.  Looks like
>>Apple is doing just fine.
>
> I tried to avoid iPhones so the Blackberry Storm was my first "smart"
> phone.  I will attest to its being on that list.  I finally relented
> and switched to the iPhone 4 and have been a user ever since.
> Sometimes I think I should switch to a Google Pixel, but I'm too lazy
> to learn a new OS, and more importantly I have apps that can't be
> replaced in the Android OS.

I'm curious what that functionality might be that only iPhones have.

I'm sure that you can't replace Apple branded apps (e.g., Apple Maps
doesn't likely run on Android - although I haven't checked that myself).

But given Android doesn't limit what developers can provide by way of
useful functionality and Apple severely limits that functionality, what on
earth could be the functionality that you love with Apple not on Android?

I'm not asking you to switch from iOS to Android as you mentioned that the
sheer amount of differences is enormous (most in the complexity and
capabilities of Android dwarf that of the iPhone simplicity & naivety.

But I'm curious...

What functionality (not trade names, not brand names, but what it is that
you're trying to accomplish) can you do on an iPhone that isn't already on
even the cheapest, nay, even free Android phones (even from long ago)?