Article <v0ss83$31ls0$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0ss83$31ls0$2@dont-email.me>

From: HenHanna <HenHanna@devnull.tb>
Newsgroups: sci.lang,alt.usage.english
Subject: the [German Donald Trump] ----- What is this [Figure of Speech]
 called ?
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 00:50:27 -0700

         -- the Sherlock Holmes of the Art World
         -- 'the Sherlock Holmes' of police dogs

         -- the Donald Trump of Germany

                 Then I had a meeting with the [German Donald Trump]

Is there a name for this  [Figure of Speech] ?
                           ----------- just a special case of Metaphor?

            You got a catchy term for this in your language???

___________________________

Meet Frauke Petry, the Donald Trump of Germany
              Meet Frauke Petry, the Donald Trump of Germany. By Yardena
Schwartz On 03/09/17 at 8:00 AM EST. 03_17_Germany_02. Petry campaigned
in 2016 elections on a ...

___________________________

Brazil's Trump? Mexico's Trump? Italy's Trump? Cut it out ...
           Oct 9, 2018 — A raft of headlines invites us to “Meet the
Donald Trump of Germany”—or of Canada, Indonesia, or Russia. Many of
these headlines have the ...

___________________________

'I'm the Donald Trump of the Art World,' Sean Scully Says in ...
              May 6, 2019 — The abstract painter Sean Scully shows a
mind-boggling degree of self-regard in a new BBC film about his life,
our columnist writes.

Meet the Sherlock Holmes of the Art World
          May 8, 2015 — Real-life detective, Christopher Marinello seeks
out and recovers stolen art on a truly grand scale. Marinello, born and
raised in Brooklyn New ...

China clones 'the Sherlock Holmes' of police dogs
              Mar 20, 2019 — Scientists in China have cloned what they
call the "Sherlock Holmes of police dogs" in a bid to cut training times
and costs.