Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0ubdt$9tn$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,news.software.readers,it.tlc.cellulari.android
Subject: Re: Android Usenet news newsreader
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 21:15:42 -0000 (UTC)

Andrew originally wrote:
>> Are there any other Android Usenet news newsreaders than these?
>>
>> 1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.cmg.android.phonews
>>    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cmgapps.android.phonewspro
>> 2. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almarsoft.GroundhogReader
>> 3. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.piaohong.newsgroup
>> 4. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ken.android.nntpreader.pro
>> 5. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noasy.newsreader
>> 6. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=usenet.sinaapp.com
>>
>> Some of those are no longer valid URLs but I'm just looking for the package
>> names of all known Android Usenet news newsreaders (whether they're bad or
>> worse) as once I know the package I can get the APK from mirrors such as
>> https://m.apkpure.com/groundhog-usenet-reader/com.almarsoft.GroundhogReader
>> https://www.appbrain.com/app/noasy-reader/com.noasy.newsreader

< WARNING >
  Please scroll to the bottom for the latest Mod17 links, one of which
  has an invalid decryption key so you can only use the Mod16 link for it!
</ WARNING >

Dave Royal wrote:
> See the thread 'Newsreader for Android' in ng 'news.software.readers'
> for mod.piaohong versions.

This one?
    From: kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com>
    Newsgroups: news.software.readers
    Subject: Newsreader for Android
    Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:44:54 +0100

    Is there a usable Android newsreader?
    I used to use Groundhog, but that one hasn't been maintained for a few
    years (and the apk can be installed but doesn't play well with my
    current Android phone).
    I also have PhoNews, but not only is that one incredibly slow, it also
    keeps forgetting I paid for the full version.

That post mentioned PiaoHong's NewsGroup Reader & Ken's Usenet Reader
both of which were already in the list but it also mentioned Ken's demo.
 <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ken.android.nntpreader>

And apparently in that thread you had kindly supplied a URL to a modded'
PiaHong newsreader credited to 'alfio' or 'P/ero' on the Italian newsgroup.
<https://mega.nz/file/aJpFRI4Z#UjkHkl90feawI1_EFOd4eEkautnQPWFSwmqW7NUW2jA>

Which apparently came from
<https://it.tlc.cellulari.android.narkive.com/ntEtNepA/modded-newsreader-apk-by-piaohong-download>

Name: 20240501_modded_PiaHong_Usenet_newsreader_signedNewsReader_mod_1.65.M10.apk
Size: 2238872 bytes (2186 KiB)
SHA256: A6079804589087EB98D5699AA577E4E6CFCE31B8682EA3154860801231175DAB

Google Translation: "Modded Newsreader.apk by PiaoHong - download?"
<https://it-tlc-cellulari-android-narkive-com.translate.goog/ntEtNepA/modded-newsreader-apk-by-piaohong-download?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp>

Later on you mention "Alfio has produced a new version M11 of his modded
version of the PiaiHong newsreader. This fixes bugs in M10. It's a new
app from Android's viewpoint so you should delete M10 or the original.
It doesn't work on Android 14. It's based on the 1.65 free version of
the PiaiHong Newsreader.
<https://it.tlc.cellulari.android.narkive.com/Q64EXrJy/piaohong-news-reader-mod-11>

Where this is the link to download the modified version M11.
<https://mega.nz/file/qVxDVB5R#9d4p7fay3KS20yD7mfIvHafUZFji3kEXy1W9B_Gtgrs>

Name: NewsReader_1.65.M11.apk
Size: 2237140 bytes (2184 KiB)
SHA256: 980F3489602A9E58D4F80F3AEA8AC4315880C17859DD425879F23214EF5E7282

Google Translation: "PiaoHong News Reader Mod 11"
<https://it-tlc-cellulari-android-narkive-com.translate.goog/Q64EXrJy/piaohong-news-reader-mod-11?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp>

There is a related post in that thread, which Google translated for us.

    From: Ammammata <ammammata@tiscali.it>
    Newsgroups: news.software.readers
    Subject: Re: Newsreader for Android
    Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 11:45:50 +0100

    I didn't feel like leaving Android 14 owners without my Mod.
    so I worked hard and this is the result:
    https://mega.nz/file/iVYSlRKD#kSeQuOLfmAqocp_6MkWWDxoE3MN1S17pwQ2WSRrss4M

    this is the latest version released by PiaoHong, 2.02, in which
    I made all the changes made in recent years to the previous one
    1.65.
    I don't think it's bug-free, try it and let me know.

    Unfortunately, although the name of this mod is different from the original,
    you can't install them together, you get this warning:
    https://i.postimg.cc/05wPh4hm/Screenshot-2024-01-23-22-38-24-511-com-miui-packageinstaller.jpg
    whatever Google means by "services", it complains that it sees it
    same identifier in different applications.

    if you update the M11 instead, there are no problems.

And then a quick followup by that same Italian poster.
    From: Ammammata <ammammata@tiscali.it>
    Newsgroups: news.software.readers
    Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 11:48:25 +0100

    Ammammata explained on 01/24/2024:
    > I don't think it's bug-free, try it and let me know

    and you've already found one! :-)))
    here's the fix:
    https://mega.nz/file/3cpgyCiR#xtmcG09dvt3E0oqlk4awBz7VbrNUpfJ9Y1qXM4Jec0o
    the previous link is no longer valid.

    maybe further updates will follow

And the updates did follow.
    From: Dave Royal <dave@dave123royal.com>
    Newsgroups: news.software.readers
    Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 18:28:27 +0000 (GMT)

    The latest version of mod.piaohong.M12 by 'alfio' (24-1-24 11.14)
     is here:
    <https://mega.nz/file/OEBjAK4A#-RfkwmqsrONXnL84PeiV74F1R8LHutjIeAAH8tnlFBQ>

    The Italian thread about it is here:
    <https://it.tlc.cellulari.android.narkive.com/8YZTRkpt/piaohong-newsreader-mod-12>

    It fixes the quoting fault of the official app but, unlike the VIP
    version, it has google ads.

Where this is the file that is located at that link above.
Name: ModNewsReader 2.02.M12.apk
Size: 3972199 bytes (3879 KiB)
SHA256: B0366F5E5ACC0CD70341EAD2E8524D76A4431973899203A44B8C01CE123EF27C

And this is the Google Translation of that thread.
<https://it-tlc-cellulari-android-narkive-com.translate.goog/8YZTRkpt/piaohong-newsreader-mod-12?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp>

    PiaoHong Newsreader Mod 12 by alfio
    I didn't feel like leaving Android 14 owners without my Mod.
    so I worked hard and this is the result:
    https://mega.nz/file/iVYSlRKD#kSeQuOLfmAqocp_6MkWWDxoE3MN1S17pwQ2WSRrss4M

    it's the latest version released by PiaoHong, 2.02, in which I
    made all the changes made in recent years to the previous 1.65.
    I don't think it's bug-free, try it and let me know.

    Unfortunately, although the name of this mod is different from the original,
    they cannot be installed together, you get this warning:
    https://it.tlc.cellulari.android.narkive.com/8YZTRkpt/piaohong-newsreader-mod-12:i.1.1.full

Where you then posted:
    From: Dave Royal <dave@dave123royal.com>
    Newsgroups: news.software.readers
    Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 18:22:47 +0000 (GMT)

    Dave Royal <dave@dave123royal.com> Wrote in message:

    Version M14
    - displays x-posted groups and has (limited) ability to change
     them when replying.
    - creates a thread from a reply if it doesn't have the replied to
     post (i.e threads that start Re:.xxxxxxxxx)

    It's here:
    <https://mega.nz/file/fFRE1Dob#-2zDfsB2XJvckN2ZZ1dJUk1GVwEEC1xrsj5aTnIbi0I>

    The Italian thread about it is here:
    <https://it.tlc.cellulari.android.narkive.com/Qzv1uCma/piaohong-newsreader-mod-14>

    (It has google ads.)

Where this is the file that is located at that link above.
Name: ModNewsReader 2.02.M14.apk
Size: 3972074 bytes (3878 KiB)