Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0uc1i$1dfg$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android Usenet news newsreader
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 21:26:11 -0000 (UTC)

Jeff Layman wrote on Wed, 1 May 2024 18:43:44 +0100 :

> Have you considered using a browser to access Usenet, eg with
> Newsgrouper (<https://cmacleod.me.uk/ng>. You can try it out without
> registering, although it will be read-only. This NG appears at
> <https://cmacleod.me.uk/ng/comp.mobile.android>, and if you scroll down
> to the end you will see this thread.
>
> There are other browser-interface Usenet apps available, such as novaBBS
> at <https://www.novabbs.com/common/grouplist.php>.

Of course I've used a browser to read Usenet news, and, in fact, I have
group-specific shortcuts on my Android homescreen so I can read the various
groups I care about most - but the print is tiny given how small the phone
is compared to a full-sized desktop monitor.

Here are some archive links so that everyone else can make those shortcuts.

 <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/search.php?group=comp.mobile.android>
 <https://cmacleod.me.uk/ng/comp.mobile.android>
 <https://comp.mobile.android.narkive.com/>