Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0vtt1$3qr1e$1@dont-email.me>

From: Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de>
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Censorship is good, actually. If you don't like that
 fact, maybe you should commit some client-side censorship, otherwise known
 as the killfile. (was Re: Young people peering)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 10:38:04 +0200

On 21.04.2024 um 01:28 Uhr The Bjornsdottirs - Lightning wrote:

> There was something about good money being displaced by bad, and
> while it does not apply to bullion money for various reasons, it does
> apply to debates. Bad arguments displace good arguments when both are
> given equal, rather than due, weight, because they are propounded
> more insistently (have you ever seen Alex Jones?), and I've seen this
> time and time again. This is why moderation is needed when there are
> arguments - to flag up obvious bad arguments and bad ways of arguing,
> and ensure that bad arguments cannot displace good

That's what many people can do themselves.
Most readers offer filter mechanisms - sometimes called killfile by
people.

Feel free to filter what you don't want to read and share that filters
with others.

Moderated newsgroups also exist. One or more people have the power to
decide which posts are being submitted to the group or not.

--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to 1713655732muell@cartoonies.org