Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v112ae$39vf$2@dont-email.me>

From: DFS <nospam@dfs.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Attention All Gentoo Men!
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 17:58:39 -0400

On 4/27/2024 2:22 PM, Larry 'Backdoor Slayer' Pietraskiewicz wrote:

> On 27 Apr 2024 16:16:21 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:
>

>> Why were you so concerned with the xz bug (which you believed was a xv
>> bug by the way)?
>
> The xz backdoor is a fascinating example of both bash scripting and
> C programming as well as a great insight into the ELF linking process.
>
> I learned a lot by studying the analysis.

Another vague bullshit claim by the deluded "computing virtuoso".

If you were 1/10th the 'computer scientist' and technologist you claim
to be, you could've done the full xz backdoor investigation and analysis
yourself.  But you were lost and confused, as usual, so you had to sit
around and wait for 'REAL MEN' to explain it in detail and publish their
analysis.

> But YOU are not a programmer and YOU can't gain anything from this
> fantastic, though nefarious, example.

You ARE a computer programmer, but only in the most generous, Girl Scout
definition of the word.

Here you go, 'magnificent programmer': make a C version of my 25-line
Python quickie:
#Heap's algorithm for recursion/permutation
import sys
def permute(k, a):
	global b
	if k == 1:
		b.append(list(a))
	else:
		permute(k-1, a)
		for i in range(k-1):
			if k % 2 == 0:
				a[i], a[k-1] = a[k-1], a[i]
			else:
				a[0], a[k-1] = a[k-1], a[0]
			permute(k-1, a)
a,b = [],[]
for i in range(1,len(sys.argv)):
	a.append(sys.argv[i])
permute(len(a),a)
e = sorted(b)[0][0]
for i, itm in enumerate(sorted(b)):
		if len(b) > 2:
			if itm[0] != e:
				e = itm[0]
				print()
		print("%2d." % (i+1),end = ' ')
		print(*itm)

$ python permute_Heap.py Feeb loves his GrandAm
  1. Feeb GrandAm his loves
  2. Feeb GrandAm loves his
  3. Feeb his GrandAm loves
  4. Feeb his loves GrandAm
  5. Feeb loves GrandAm his
  6. Feeb loves his GrandAm

  7. GrandAm Feeb his loves
  8. GrandAm Feeb loves his
  9. GrandAm his Feeb loves
10. GrandAm his loves Feeb
11. GrandAm loves Feeb his
12. GrandAm loves his Feeb

13. his Feeb GrandAm loves
14. his Feeb loves GrandAm
15. his GrandAm Feeb loves
16. his GrandAm loves Feeb
17. his loves Feeb GrandAm
18. his loves GrandAm Feeb

19. loves Feeb GrandAm his
20. loves Feeb his GrandAm
21. loves GrandAm Feeb his
22. loves GrandAm his Feeb
23. loves his Feeb GrandAm
24. loves his GrandAm Feeb

> YOU can only allow a distro to take you by the hand.
>
> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

YOU needed a "bitch" to help you write a little LibreOffice Basic code.

Thanks for admitting it, by the way.  Usually you just lie your ass off
about how great you are.  But occasionally you tell the truth about your
lowly programming skillz.