Article <v13l16$onc3$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v13l16$onc3$1@dont-email.me>

From: BGB <cr88192@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Subject: Re: old power, Short Vectors Versus Long Vectors
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 16:30:12 -0500

> On Thu, 2 May 2024 20:14:09 +0000, MitchAlsup1 wrote:
>
>> If you don't know what you are looking for, how do you know when you
>> find it ?!!!
>
> Maybe the procedure for determining that you’ve found it is recursively
> enumerable, but that for doing the search is not? ;)

I think it is a case of determining if someone responds in favorable
ways to interactions, does not respond in unfavorable ways, and does not
present any obvious "deal breakers".

Presumably other people are doing something similar, but with different
metrics.

Though, granted, the whole process tends to be horribly inefficient.
There generally doesn't exist any good way to determine who exists in a
given area, or to get a general idea for who may or may not be worth the
time/effort of interacting with them.

Many dating sites (and people on them) seem to operate under the
assumption of "will post pictures, good enough".

The online dating Facebook groups are basically the same sort of thing:
Females post pictures, often something like them perking up their chest
while wearing a swimsuit or similar and doing a "duck face" expression
while taking a picture of themselves through a bathroom mirror;
Males post pictures, often outdoors and shirtless while holding a big
fish or similar (though, usually it is white males in this case);
The pictures of the females have lots of "thirsty" comments, typically
from the various "shirtless dudes with a big fish" pictures.
Well, except that black guys typically go shirtless in front of a mirror
while trying to flex their arms or similar (sometimes with a pistol
shoved into their boxer shorts or similar).

Though, granted, sometimes for males it is other stuff, like posing
shirtless in front of a large pickup truck while holding a beer or
similar, etc.

Females seem to dress more modestly if they are older or heavy set, but
not much different otherwise.

This is less true of males though, where "old fat white guy with a
beard" is still going to pose shirtless with a big fish. Well, and every
so often, one will instead go the "business suit and slicked-back hair
in front of a bookshelf or office desk or similar" route.

Typically, no effort is made at writing anything on the posts much
beyond 1 or 2 lines. Post comments are often just "hey" followed by
emojis (eggplant and peach emojis seem to be popular), or the occasional
"DM me" often also followed by an emoji, ...

Except, I can say in advance that any female that is going to pose in a
swimsuit doing "duck face" in a mirror, is probably not anyone I am
going to be interested in, so can safely exclude them.

But, for what I am looking for, all of this is seemingly almost entirely
pointless.