Article <v145un$c30$1@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v145un$c30$1@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Can D simulated by H terminate normally?
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 22:19:03 -0400
 <v0oe1b$1o3b$2@news.muc.de> <v0ofl3$1r1mf$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0oh7g$1o3b$3@news.muc.de> <v0olhv$1sgeo$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0oobd$1o3b$4@news.muc.de> <v0or07$1tmga$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0qb59$2bsfc$1@dont-email.me> <v0r242$2hb7o$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0r3kh$hka$1@news.muc.de> <v0r5f2$2hb7o$11@dont-email.me>
 <v0r78v$hka$3@news.muc.de> <v0rd16$2k1bi$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0t3uj$1iuj$2@news.muc.de> <v0tneg$37lgj$5@dont-email.me>
 <v0vmdt$209h$2@news.muc.de> <v10kkm$7k7$1@dont-email.me>
 <v11fqi$2tlr1$7@i2pn2.org> <v12mlh$i3tc$1@dont-email.me>

On 5/3/24 8:52 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/2/2024 8:49 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> It turns out that {D is simulated by H} is a sufficiently complete
>>> specification.

>>> If that was true then four people would not have been able
>>> to correctly answer the question.

>>> *It was clear enough for Richard to agree yesterday*
>>> http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3C1a63f362-31ad-4d75-b339-f91b2d95ea00n%40googlegroups.com%3E

>>> 00 int H(ptr x, ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
>>> 01 int D(ptr x)
>>> 02 {
>>> 03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
>>> 04   if (Halt_Status)
>>> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
>>> 06   return Halt_Status;
>>> 07 }
>>> 08
>>> 09 void main()
>>> 10 {
>>> 11   H(D,D);
>>> 12 }

>>> No. What I said is self-evidently true. If you are an expert
>>> at C and don't see that it is self-evidently true you are
>>> either playing head games or exaggerating your C skill.
>>> *Try and find a counter-example* That none exists proves
>>> that I am correct.
>>
>> Since  I presented two counter examples, which you have not even
>> attempted to find a problem with, you are just admitting that you are
>> nothing but a LIAR.
>>

> FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE HIGHLY MOTIVATED TO INTENTIONALLY
> MISINTERPRET MY WORDS I ADDED A PARAGRAPH
> (a) It is a verified fact that D(D) simulated by H cannot possibly
> reach past line 03 of D(D) simulated by H whether H
> aborts its simulation or not.
>
> You must show a counter example where 1 to N steps of D(D) are
> simulated by H and the simulated D(D) reaches past its own line 03.

Th

> If you did provide such a counter-example you mixed it in with far
> too much off topic material that I stopped reading.
>
> I will always do this. The first time you change the subject
> I will stop reading and post the above.

Then you admit you are a liar when you say I didn't say something that
zI did say?

Note, you even elsewhere commented that you DID reply to my comment,
even though you didn't.

Just shows how much of a liar you are