Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v151t7$12v5b$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bob Henson <bob.henson@outlook.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung Wallet vs Google Pay
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 11:16:08 +0100

On 4.5.24 5:01 am, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 5/3/24 4:29 PM, Jim the Geordie wrote:
>> Any preferences here - and why?
>
> I have often wondered about the value of any of these.  What's wrong
> with a credit card which gives you a rebate?

If your credit card gives you rebate, you will still get it when using
that card via Google Pay - or Paypal, too. In the UK is my Amex card
gives me the most cashback, but some retailers won't accept it directly
because Amex charge them such high fees. Using Amex  via Google or
Paypal I still get the cashback and the same retailers accept the
payment without question. The downside is that you may not get Section
75 protection via a third party (but may still get chargeback from the
bank and Paypal have their own cover), but as we don't get Section 75
cover below £100 anyway in the UK, that is no loss to me. If I'm buying
items over £100 I use the credit card direct.

--
Tetbury, Gloucestershire , UK