Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1525o$12v5a$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bob Henson <bob.henson@outlook.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung Wallet vs Google Pay
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 11:20:41 +0100

On 4.5.24 10:06 am, Arno Welzel wrote:
> Jim the Geordie, 2024-05-04 01:29:
>
>> Any preferences here - and why?
>
> Samsung Wallet only works with Samsung devices but not on my ancient
> Samsung Gear S3 and probably also not because I am not based in US.
>
> So I use Google Wallet ("Google Pay" was renamed) which works fine and
> can even be used in newer smartwatches if they are based on WearOS like
> Ticwatch Pro 5.

The ability to pay by smartwatch is very handy - I use it nearly all the
time. It has an additional advantage - when paying bills to young
counter assistants or waiters, they can't believe that an old geezer of
80 can understand the technology when they frequently struggle with it.
I like to score the odd point for the old folk when I can <grin>

--
Tetbury, Gloucestershire , UK