Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v15ng8.v68.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

From: Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: is my phone ON or is it OFF?
Date: 4 May 2024 14:24:46 GMT
References: <g5udnXdFRadBELT7nZ2dnZfqnPQAAAAA@giganews.com>   <l9c5cuFskm3U1@mid.individual.net> <v0r4l3.l5k.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net> <cpadnT0Al5quwKz7nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com> <v0tbbm.9b8.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net> <JNacnfM2QfW_4a77nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com> <v10i4r.fhs.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net> <_WqdnbuEleN1r6n7nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com> <v132r1.oo4.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net> <HtCdnUH8q_B42Kj7nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

bad sector <forgetski@_invalid.net> wrote:
> On 5/3/24 10:19, Frank Slootweg wrote:
[...]

> >    The on/off demand is unsolvable (without instructions/a_manual)
>
> No it isn't. Motion sensor and a LOUD display briefly flashing "ON" on
> all screens so no display means it's OFF. No one needs a manual for that
> much.

  But that assumes that the user touches/moves the device. Not an
unreasonable assumption, but an assumption nonetheless.

  BTW, you'll be delighted to hear that my Samsung (Galaxy A51) does
essentially that, i.e. the display lights up when I 'pick up' the phone.
Also when kept stationary, for example lying  on a table, touching the
display, lights it up ('Always on' display).

> >    As to (easily, user) removable batteries: Don't hold your breath.
>
> No problemo, in fact I will sleep just as well if smart phones anf half
> of humanity vanish altogether but meanwhile I accept one of only two
> constraints and that with respect to just about anything: feasability
> and demand. These features are doable, demand will decide the rest.

  Yes, (easily, user) removable batteries are doable, but - as already
mentioned - it has it's constraints and disadvantages. Nothing in this
world has only advantages and removable batteries are no exception to
this law.

  BTW, don't get me wrong, I'm all in favour of (easily, user) removable
batteries. I had them in my ('dumb' and smart) phones and laptops, but
now have to do without.