Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v15r44$1akk9$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?RTD=20tells=20us=20how=20he=E2=80=99s=20going?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?=20to=20just=20move=20forward?=
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 17:26:28 -0000 (UTC)

At the premiere cinema showing of the opening of the new season, RTD had
this to say:

"I think The Timeless Child doesn’t mean anything to anyone, to a lot of
viewers. Genuinely, to a few outside the show – what does that mean? But
what it does mean is the Doctor’s an orphan, he was abandoned, he was
adopted by the Time Lords, so you play that for the emotions.
"I don't want to hang things off science fiction words, that simply won't
mean anything around the breakfast table. But, if you're talking about a
family with a world in which people adopt children, or foster children, or
abandoned children, then suddenly it begins to register with you. So that's
our take on that.
"And that's going to have a lot of ammunition and fuel going forward.
Because it goes Millie as Ruby Sunday, she was abandoned as a family on the
church doorstep. So you have the Doctor and companion suddenly chiming with
their lives connecting."

So - no retcon. RTD is basically going to ignore the Timeless Child per se,
but play on the idea of the Doctor being originally a foundling adopted by
the Time Lords. So it’s still there - but just as background motivation.

I can live with that.

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor