Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v16dfu$1eg15$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for April 28-May 4, 2024
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 15:39:58 -0700

On 5/4/24 2:32 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>      ABC news
>

> Nicholas Alexander Chavez Confirms He’s Exiting ‘General Hospital’ In
> Message To Fans  (May 3)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/nicholas-alexander-chavez-confirms-general-hospital-exit-spencer-1235904260/

No surprise there.

Honestly, I'm more upset that Avery Pohl (Esme) left the show - I really
hope she lands somewhere and doesn't just disappear, as so many of those
who leave Lifetime and the soaps do afterwards.  :/

> Ryan Murphy’s ABC Drama ‘Dr. Odyssey’ Adds Sean Teale  (May 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/ryan-murphy-abc-drama-dr-odyssey-sean-teale-cast-1235902642/

Ryan Murphy show = NO.

>      CBS news
>

> Shemar Moore Talks ‘S.W.A.T’ Finale & Possible Return Of Kenny Johnson
> And Alex Russell  (May 3)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/shemar-moore-swat-finale-return-kenny-johnson-alex-russell-1235903831/

That told us nothing, except it's likely that neither will be back as
main cast.

> ‘Blue Bloods’ Future Is Sealed: The Long-Running Series Will Wrap For
> Good In December  (May 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/blue-bloods-remains-canceled-series-will-wrap-in-december-1235901882/

DUH!

> CBS’ Amy Reisenbach On New Long-Term Development Strategy: “Pilot Season
> Is Probably Dead For Us”  (May 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/cbs-amy-reisenbach-development-strategy-season-dead-1235902912/

Well, that's dumb.

> CBS Execs Address Cancellations & Whether We Could See More Of ‘So Help
> Me Todd,’ ‘CSI: Vegas’ & ‘NCIS: Hawai’i’  (May 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/cbs-execs-address-cancellations-so-help-me-todd-csi-vegas-ncis-hawaii-1235901895/

I'll save you the trouble: All 3 are *dead* dead.

> ‘Fire Country’ Spinoff ‘Sheriff Country’ Starring Morena Baccarin
> Ordered To Series By CBS For 2025-26 Season  (May 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/fire-country-spinoff-sheriff-country-series-order-morena-baccarin-cbs-1235902599/

Morena earns a steady paycheck!!

> CBS 2024-25 Schedule: ‘Tracker’ Shifts, ‘NCIS: Origins’ & ‘Georgie &
> Mandy’ Succeed ‘Hawai’i’ & ‘Young Sheldon’, ‘The Amazing Race’ Held
> (May 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/cbs-fall-2024-25-schedule-1235901885/

Tracker at 8pm means I might actually watch it sometimes, esp. if
Lifetime stops doing new movies on Sunday nights.

> CBS Teases New Series ‘Matlock,’ ‘NCIS: Origins’ & ‘Georgie & Mandy’s
> First Marriage’  (May 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/cbs-matlock-ncis-origins-georgie-and-mandys-first-marriage-teasers-1235902764/

I could not be *less* interested in these.

> ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Brings Back Popular Actor [Kimberlin Brown]
> In Shocking Reversal: “I Didn’t See This Coming, Quite Honestly”  (April
> 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-brings-back-sheila-carter-kimberlin-brown-1235898567/

WEAK bait-and-switch!!

>      CW news
>

> CW Affiliates In Chicago & Two Other Markets Switch To Nexstar-Owned
> Stations  (May 1)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/cw-affiliates-chicago-nexstar-stations-local-tv-1235901269/

Gee, who didn't see this coming?!

>      NBC news
>

> ‘Night Court’ Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Episode Count Revealed  (May 3)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/night-court-renewed-season-nbc-episode-count-1235903785/

YaY! (And I think I beat Robin!!  :>  )

> Nancy Travis & Felix Avitia Join ‘Grosse Pointe Garden Society’ NBC
> Pilot  (April 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/nancy-travis-felix-avitia-grosse-pointe-garden-society-nbc-pilot-1235898721/

Will likely check this out if it's picked up.

>      Cable channel news
>

> Nicole Brown Simpson Lifetime Documentary Gets Premiere Date & Trailer
> (May 2)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/nicole-brown-simpson-lifetime-documentary-premiere-date-trailer-1235902444/

Nope.

> PBS Masterpiece Sets Third TV Adaptation Of ‘The Forsyte Saga’; Cast
> Includes BAFTA-Winner Francesca Annis & ‘Doctor Who’ Star Millie Gibson
> (April 30)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/the-forsyte-saga-adaptation-pbs-masterpiece-francesca-annis-millie-gibson-1235899424/

It's got a good cast (incl. Eleanor Tomlinson)...

> HBO Dropping ‘Last Week Tonight With John Oliver’ Season 1 Episodes On
> YouTube With Seasons 2-8 Coming Soon  (April 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/04/hbo-last-week-tonight-with-john-oliver-season-1-episodes-youtube-1235898176/

I wish they'd just drop the show, *period*.

>      Streaming service news--Amazon Freeve
>

> Amazon Freevee Developing Medical Procedural From Adam Sussman & Mark
> Perez  (May 1)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/amazon-freevee-medical-procedural-adam-sussman-mark-perez-1235901177/
>
> ["Amazon Freevee has put in development a medical drama series from Adam
> Sussman (12 Monkeys) and Mark Perez (Game Night). Co-written and
> executive produced by Sussman and Perez, the Untitled Alternative
> Medical Drama is a medical procedural following doctors that utilize
> non-traditional approaches to solve unique cases."]

Come on, Amazon - it's time to throw in the towel on Freevee.

>      Streaming service news--Max
>

> ‘And Just Like That…’ Adds Rosie O’Donnell To Season 3 Cast As
> Production Begins  [Max]  (May 1)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/and-just-like-that-cast-rosie-odonnell-season-3-1235901743/

Geezus, this show is a dumpster fire!!

>      Streaming service news--Netflix
>

> ‘Emily In Paris’ Season 4 To Debut In Two Parts In August & September
> (May 3)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/emily-in-paris-season-4-two-parts-august-september-netflix-1235903573/

A show that would look great in 4k - too bad Netflix is apparently the
worst streamer for 4k...