Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v16e9i$1eg16$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for May 4-7, 2024
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 15:53:38 -0700

On 5/4/24 2:31 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> RM: Programming for Wednesday-Friday will be posted later.
>

>          Previously released:
>

> 2 Hearts     (movie)      (Netflix, May 3)
>
> In parallel love stories, the lives of college student Chris and wealthy
> rum heir Jorge intersect in a profound twist of fate. Based on a true
> story. 2020 film starring Jacob Elordi, Adan Canto, Radha Mitchell,
> Tiera Skovbye, Kari Matchett, and Tahmoh Penikett. 1hr 41m.

I want to say this has been on Netflix the whole time! They certainly
had it before I cancelled Netflix, because it was one of the things I
was considering watching (because of Skovbye) before I cancelled, but I
never got to it.

If it went to another streamer in the meantime, it wasn't one I get!!

> Shadow in the Cloud     (movie)      (Netflix, May 2/3)
>
> A female WWII pilot traveling with top secret documents on a B-17 Flying
> Fortress with a skeptical all-male crew encounters an evil presence
> onboard the flight. 2020 film starring Chloë Grace Moretz, Beulah Koale,
> Taylor John Smith, Callan Mulvey, Byron Coll, Joe Witkowski and Nick
> Robinson. 1hr 23m.

This, OTOH, is new to The 'Flix - it was on Hulu for a long time...

> American Star    (movie; streaming premiere?)    (AMC+, May 3)
>
> An assassin on a final assignment in Fuerteventura, to kill a man he has
> never met. When his target is delayed, he finds himself drawn to the
> island, people and a ghostly shipwreck. Stars Ian McShane. 2024 film; 1h
> 47m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19984386/      [rating 5.4]
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/movie/american-star    [score 66]

Hmmm... Would have been interested in this, for McShane.

> Lola       (movie)       (Netflix, May 2)
>
> Working to move her sibling out of their abusive home, a teen juggles
> jobs at a store and a strip club -- but life takes unexpected turns
> after a tragedy. 2024 film starring Nicola Peltz, Virginia Madsen, Raven
> Goodwin, Richie Merritt, Luke David Blumm, Trevor Long; 1hr 23m.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81772299
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14375666/    [rating 3.6]

Is there naked nudity?!
(Not that it matters! - Nobody gets Netflix!!)

And they want us to believe that Peltz can still pass for a teen?!

> One More Shot     (movie)    (Netflix, May 1)
>
> Racing against the clock, a Navy SEAL fights his way through an airport
> siege to protect the one man who can stop a potentially catastrophic
> explosion. 2024 British film starring Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White,
> Alexis Knapp, Tom Berenger, Waleed Elgadi, and Meena Rayann; 1hr 42m.
> Not available on ad tier.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81759891
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27110516/      [rating 5.5]

Damn - wish this had gone to Hulu (like the first film did) instead.

>          Saturday, May 4
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Star Wars: Tales of the Empire       [new; complete limited series]
> (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> This six-episode animated series serves as a follow-up to 2022's Tales
> of the Jedi.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIST9t72kY
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/star-wars-tales-of-the-empire/     [score 75]
>
> https://www.disneyplus.com/series/star-wars-tales-of-the-empire/4IEnSAj0aHpX

I'll wait for Arthur's reviews...

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> A Deadly Threat to My Family  (movie)     (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When Ryan’s sister Serena escapes from a dangerous cult, she seeks
> refuge with his family to rebuild her life. Ryan’s wife Marielle is
> suspicious of Serena and doesn’t believe she’s truly reformed, and her
> concerns grow as she sees Serena bond with her teenage daughter Aria.
> When another cult member shows up on Marielle’s doorstep, she fears her
> daughter is their next target. Stars Jessica Morris, Gina Vitori, Lelia
> Symington, Isabella Mercurio, Tyler Price, and Mark Ricketson.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/a-deadly-threat-to-my-family
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32221174/

Jessica Morris, and Gina Vitori, do it once again for Lifetime! Give 'em
a big hand, folks!!

(Of course I'll be watching this.)

>          Sunday, May 5
>

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> Call the Midwife       (season 13 finale; renewed for seasons 14 and 15)
>       (8 pm, PBS)

Gah!

> My Life Is on the Line      (movie)       (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When bank customer service rep Shannon bends the rules to help a
> desperate client transfer a large sum of money, she quickly learns that
> he is not who he claims to be. As she frantically tries to set things
> right before anyone finds out, “The Caller” turns more menacing and
> threatens her by using personal information that he’s gathered from
> their calls. Stuck in the call center, she must figure out how to outwit
> The Caller and survive her shift. Stars Andrea Pazmino, Jose Eduardo
> Ramos, Katelin Chesna, and Cheryl Picket. Originally "The Caller."
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32221174/
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28435597/

Wow - I've heard of none of these people! (An increasing problem with
Lifetime flicks lately...  :/  )

May watch, or may record for later viewing...

> Parish      (season 1 finale)        (9 pm, AMC)

A series I might have gotten to, if I had time for such things!!

>          Monday, May 6
>

> NCIS      (season 21 finale; renewed for season 22)       (9 pm, CBS)

Boo!

> NCIS: Hawai'i        (season 3 and series finale)         (11 pm, CBS)

I'll try not to cry!  ;p