Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v17k0v$1p9gi$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bob Henson <bob.henson@outlook.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung Wallet vs Google Pay
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 10:37:37 +0100

On 5.5.24 3:54 am, VanguardLH wrote:
> Haven't eaten out much, have you.

Quite a lot, in my case.

> The vast majority of restaurants I
> visit bring you a padded wallet with the tab sheet inside.  You put your
> card in the wallet.  The waiter comes back from there terminal with the
> actual bill inside the wallet (2 copies: 1 for restaurant, 1 for your
> copy).  The bill has already been registered at their terminal, but you
> still need to add a tip, and sign the bill.

The waiter, in every single pub and more up market restaurant I've been
in for many years, brings the reader to me. I haven't signed a bill for
umpteen years. I don't put my card in any folders nor let it out of my
sight - if I even have it with me. The Italian (and many other
economies) depended on mugs letting them take their cards out of their
owner's sight - but nearly all of Europe now brings the reader to me. In
cafés, etc I sometimes pay at the counter with my smart watch.

--
Tetbury, Gloucestershire , UK