Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v17kge$1p9gh$2@dont-email.me>

From: Bob Henson <bob.henson@outlook.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Samsung Wallet vs Google Pay
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 10:45:51 +0100

On 5.5.24 4:35 am, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 5/4/24 7:54 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
>> J The bill has already been registered at their terminal, but you
>> still need to add a tip, and sign the bill.
>
> I always tip in cash.  It's not MY job to help the IRS.

I'm inclined to use cash for tips too. If you add it to a credit card
payment it usually ends up in the hands of the owner, not the staff who
looked after me. However, that is becoming a thing of the past now in
the UK - more and more places add a hefty service charge to the bill, so
I certainly don't leave any tips then. I consider this tantamount to
fraud and won't go back to restaurants that do it - but eventually I'll
have nowhere left to go if I refuse all service charges. We should
campaign for the law to change to force all businesses to include ALL
charges in the prices quoted for their goods and to pay their staff a
fair amount in the first place.

--
Tetbury, Gloucestershire , UK