Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v18bca$1unf6$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Evelyn C. Leeper" <evelynchimelisleeper@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Monarchs [was Re: Household Algebra]
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 12:16:09 -0400

On 5/3/24 6:36 PM, Keith F. Lynch wrote:
> Tim Merrigan <tppm@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>> "Keith F. Lynch" <kfl@KeithLynch.net> wrote:
>>> Your list also skips Jane, teenaged queen for nine days back in
>>> '53.  How can anyone forget her?
>
>> He also left out Cromwell.
>
> Evelyn is a she, not a he.  And Cromwell was not a monarch.
> Anyhow, there were two ruling Cromwells, Oliver and his son Richard.
> (Apparently "Lord Protector," like monarch, is an inherited position.)

For the record, I'm not fussy about my pronouns, and "Evelyn" being
gender-neutral, I'm used both to mispronunciation (as "EE-va-lin" rather
than "EV-a-lin"), and to random pronouns.

As for not going back a thousand years, I never claimed the poem did,
and it skips several "iffy" monarchs (notably Matilda, Eustace, Henry
the Young King, Louis the Lion, and Jane).

--
Evelyn C. Leeper, http://leepers.us/evelyn, @eleeper@mastodon.social
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick