Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v18e7o$1v8fb$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-04 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 17:04:57 -0000 (UTC)

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

>Sidenote:

>Wow. A few months ago, I lost my OTA Comet subchannel. Well, yesterday,
>I discovered that Scripps (who own my local ABC affiliate) have dropped
>their OTA *MeTV* subchannel (as of May 1, apparently).

>So now San Diego has no OTA Comet nor OTA MeTV!!  :o

I found this note:

	San Diego Area Viewers: On May 1, 2024, local affiliate KGTV
	channel 10.2 has elected to end their MeTV Network affiliation.
	As we continue to look for a new local over-the-air affiliate,
	viewers will still be able to find MeTV on Cox Cable channel
	808, AT&T Uverse Direct channel 1136, Direct TV channel 77. MeTV
	Network is also available through streaming for subscribers of
	Frndly TV and Philo.

It's interesting that they are offering the national feed directly to
cable and small dish satellite distributors instead of providing the
national feed via the satellite uplink from the local broadcast channel.