Article <v18gg2$1vhpv$5@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v18gg2$1vhpv$5@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Can D simulated by H terminate normally?
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 12:43:29 -0500
 <v0lq7d$14579$2@dont-email.me> <v0ls98$2g492$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v0m29q$166o1$1@dont-email.me> <v0m37e$2gl1e$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v0m3v5$16k3h$1@dont-email.me> <v0m55t$2gl1f$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v0m5sn$172p4$1@dont-email.me> <v0oban$1o3b$1@news.muc.de>
 <v0oce3$1q3aq$4@dont-email.me> <v0oe1b$1o3b$2@news.muc.de>
 <v0ofl3$1r1mf$1@dont-email.me> <v0oh7g$1o3b$3@news.muc.de>
 <v0olhv$1sgeo$1@dont-email.me> <v0oobd$1o3b$4@news.muc.de>
 <v0or07$1tmga$1@dont-email.me> <v0qb59$2bsfc$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0r242$2hb7o$1@dont-email.me> <v0r3kh$hka$1@news.muc.de>
 <v0r5f2$2hb7o$11@dont-email.me> <v0rsbv$2m1nf$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v0sgcm$2varu$3@dont-email.me> <v0vmvu$209h$3@news.muc.de>
 <v10md7$ese$1@dont-email.me> <v12b14$fbko$1@dont-email.me>
 <v12jb4$hc81$1@dont-email.me> <v1507m$1549l$1@dont-email.me>
 <v15eqb$17unh$4@dont-email.me> <v17f4p$1ojbj$1@dont-email.me>
 <v185lo$1t4hn$5@dont-email.me>
 <pan$3a773$3f336d55$1d23114a$8b7cc149@example.com>

On 5/5/2024 12:07 PM, joes wrote:
> Am Sun, 05 May 2024 09:38:48 -0500 schrieb olcott:

>>> The recursion is infinite. The simulation by H is incomplete and
>>> finite.
>>>
>> Do you understand that it is ridiculously stupid for a simulating
>> termination analyzer to simulate a non-terminating input forever?
> That’s the point. Either it simulates until a possibly nonexistent
> termination, or it aborts and is thus not a simulator.

So in other words you choose to simply "not believe in"
a simulating termination analyzer without being able to
show that it does not work correctly.

>>> The loop is infinite. The simulation by H is incomplete and finite.
>>>
>> Do you understand that it is ridiculously stupid for a simulating
>> termination analyzer to simulate a non-terminating input forever?
>
> If H aborts, THE SAME H that D calls also does, thus D terminates, so
> H was wrong in aborting. That’s exactly the proof.

My new post is more clear on these things
[Every D(D) simulated by H presents non-halting behavior to H]

*This new post proves this conclusion*
 From this we can definitely know that every D(D) of the infinite set of
H/D pairs where this D(D) is simulated by the H that this D(D) calls
that this D(D) presents non-halting behavior to this H.