Article <v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v18ihv$3iiu7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

From: Indira <indira@ghandi.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: check in
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 13:18:39 -0500
References: <xn0olc8v4la2bra007@reader443.eternal-september.org> <tfSdnSSGN_GjK677nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com> <xn0olcd1hlfogqn009@reader443.eternal-september.org> <l9isgmFsva8U3@mid.individual.net> <v11jjf$qtl$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9ja00Fe07U1@mid.individual.net> <v12pf1$ck4$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9kghjF605fU2@mid.individual.net> <v13fat$1vvh$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n44bFhrepU1@mid.individual.net> <v15n4d$2ojd$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <l9n9dkFilhqU1@mid.individual.net> <v15rnk$1sb2$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v17b1n$1nmi2$1@dont-email.me> <v186m0$2tai$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <v18ctl$1v343$1@dont-email.me>

Chris wrote:

>> 1. You're correct I don't use the iPhones or iPad
> Exactly. You only did the above screenshots because badgolferman asked
> the question. Whereas I and many others use our iphones to take and
> share photos all the time, without ever needing a Windows pc.

Notice what you just said, Chris. You said that badgolferman asked a
reasonable question, and I (among others) helped him answer that question.

What I did was show something none of you inside the walled garden could
have shown him - which is how easy a modern operating system handles photo
naming conventions versus the primitive way Apple handles naming images.

I showed that Apple uses the primtiive naming convention that digital
cameras first used something like a decade or even two decades ago.

What I showed was the truth, Chris.

Apple's naming conventions are mired in ancient decades' old technology.
Android's naming conventions had moved into the modern age long ago.

That's just the truth. And I proved the truth. With screenshots, which is
something most of the religious zealots never do as they don't know how.

>> 2. You're wrong that I don't use both of them every single day though;
>
> What do you actually use them for that isn't looking for problems, then?
> Give examples of what you used your ipad(s) for today.

Remember Chris, I tell the truth about Apple products, so that's mostly
what I use them for, e.g., see these images from the badgolferman thread.

https://i.postimg.cc/RVdVKS8q/Apple-Ipad.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/PJ4hWyS0/Apple-Iphone.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/zfgrt8dC/Samsung.jpg

What I try to do on the iOS devices is everything that I do on the Android
devices, which is how, for example, I found out that iOS can't give you the
privacy of the Tor browser - as just one example.

When I tried to graphically debug my Wi-Fi on the much larger iPads, I
found out that iOS is incapable of graphically debugging Wi-Fi or cellular.

When I tried to organize my iPad homescreen the way I wanted to organize
it, I found out it was impossible to do something that simple on iOS.
https://i.postimg.cc/LXzB3Lc0/appleid01.jpg

When I tried to use my iPad without logging into the Apple ID, Apple locked
me out of my own device Chris. I know that because I tested it. You don't.
https://i.postimg.cc/g008YhxP/appleid02.jpg

Hundreds of things I do every day on Android are impossible on iOS, Chris.
And yet, nothing on iOS isn't already on Android, for good reasons, Chris.

1. Developers write most functionality
2. Apple won't let developers write the functionality above
3. Google can't stop them.

I know all this because I have both devices.
All you religious zealots know is what Apple feeds you.

Which is almost always a lie (e.g., there's no privacy on an iOS device).
Even I'm shocked, by the way, that Android has far more privacy than iOS.

But it is what it is.
I know this because I tested every feature I am telling you about.

On both platforms.

>> 3. And, what you're missing is I use Android and know what it can do
>>     (so I'm perfectly placed to explain to you how primitive iOS is).
>
> Your clear preference is for Android because you believe it fits your
> "privacy model" better. Therefore everything that doesn't fit that model
> is bad/wrong/deficient/whatever.

You are at least partly right that Android allows far more privacy than iOS
(e.g., Android works fine without a mothership tracking account).

But what you're also missing is that Android is far more functional than
iOS and Android is fantastically more customizable than iOS is, Chris.

So what I know that most of you religious zealots do not know is...
1. Android is far more functional than iOS (hence iOS is just a toy)
2. Android is far more customizable than iOS (hence easier to use)
3. Android is far more private than iOS (Apple lied about privacy)

You don't happen to like the truth about Apple's iOS - and that's fine.
But you not liking the truth is never going to stop me from saying it.

>> For example, keeping in context of this thread, what you iPhone owners know
>> is the Apple advertised checkin functionality - which is limited in scope.
>
> It is called "check in" for a reason; it isn't designed to solve all
> use-cases.

This is another case where I add tremendous value to this Apple newsgroup.

The record shows I read the article (which most of the religious zealots
didn't) and I immediately congratulated badgolferman right from the start
and told him I liked that Apple created this feature which I had not known
about.

Of course, I new Android did it years ago, but I knew the Android method
(using Tasker, for example) was complex for most people so I even told
Jolly Roger that I thought it was good of Apple to add this feature native.

Then Jolly Roger started going off on me and badgolferman for his own
personal reasons, but at the same time I realized how *limited* Apple's
checkin feature was - so I looked to see how Android did the same feature.

Lo and behold (since I'm excellent at finding software), I found that there
was a free adfree much better checkin/checkout geofence multiple-use app.

Notice this app does everything the Apple checkin does, and far more.
That's tremendous value for this newsgroup that nobody else knew about.

You just don't happen to like this app is better than what Apple provided.

>> Since you Apple owners tend to not know anything about the real world, all
>> of you were ignorant that far better functionality already exists for iOS.
>>
>>   *Android/iOS easy to use "I'm Home/I left Work" automated SMS geofence app*
>>   <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13360&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13360>
>
> How is it "far better" when you've never actually used it in "the real
> world"? It's an app with 1-star rating and hasn't been updated in five
> years.

Notice a few things about that statement, as I did "test" it as shown here.
https://i.postimg.cc/C1PWHqMm/imhere.jpg

Also, while you're correct that I didn't even know about this app until
Jolly Roger started slinging insults at me and badgolferman, that I simply
added value to the thread topic.

What value are YOU adding to the thread topic Chris?

>> All you do is draw a circle, write the desired text, and set recipients.
>> This checkin is way better than what Apple has provided to you, in fact.
>
> Stating something is a fact doesn't make it so. I've said this to you
> many times. You have many opinions and insinuations, but very few facts.

Well, it's a fact the app exists and it's a fact that's how it works.
https://i.postimg.cc/C1PWHqMm/imhere.jpg

You are classic in that you haven't even *tested* the app and you're
already defending Apple's limited checkin feature to the death, Chris.

Why don't you try the app out first before you berate it?

A. The Apple app is limited as a oneshot & it has to be fired off first.
B. The "I'mHere" app is NOT limited as a oneshot & it does NOT have to
   be fired off first to use it. Although it can do that too.

Notice you didn't even realize that the developer app is more powerful
than the Apple capability nor did you even try it out before defending
Apple's limited app to the death, no matter what.

The fact is:
1. Both capabilities exist for iOS
2. One works both on iOS and Android
3. That one is far more functional than the native iOS feature (see above).

Those are facts.
You don't like those facts.
But you not liking them doesn't change that they are facts.

>> That's value I add that none of you Apple-only owners could possibly know.
>> And for that added value about the real world, you should thank me, Chris.
>
> Why? You've not actually used it in the "real world". You're simply
> recommending crap, that probably doesn't work, simply because it isn't
> by Apple.

You don't see you're defending Apple to the death no matter what, Chris.

The facts are incontrovertible, Chris - despite your lies to the contrary.
1. The fact is both features exist for iOS (one exists for Android too).