Article <v19252$5asr$14@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v19252$5asr$14@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Every D(D) simulated by H presents non-halting behavior to H
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 18:44:50 -0400

On 5/5/24 6:03 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/5/2024 4:13 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> The above execution trace proves the behavior of each D simulated by
>>> each H of the elements of the infinite set of H/D pairs where this D
>>> calls that H.
>>
>> Nope, your problem is you stop simulating at the call to H and then
>> resort to incorrect logic to try to figure out what happens next.
>>

> I have to usually tell you the exactly same thing several
> hundreds of times before you notice that I ever said it once.
>
> We are talking about the infinite set of H/D pairs where
> D is simulated by the same H that D calls.
>
> We are talking about the infinite set of H/D pairs where
> D is simulated by the same H that D calls.
>
> We are talking about the infinite set of H/D pairs where
> D is simulated by the same H that D calls.
>
> H that simulates the D that calls H(D,D) will simulate to
> 1 ∞ steps of D.

Nope, when your H simulates the call to H(D,D) inside D, your H does NOT
simulated that H, but instead simultes the machine that that machine
would be simulating.

The simulation of the D(D) that H(D,D) would be simulating is DIFFERENT
than simulating H simulting D(D), so your H is not doing what it claims
to be doing.

There ARE conditions underwhich those two simulation can have a
correspondence made, but do not, and can not, establish that for this
case, you just incorrectly assume it, since you just don't understand
what simulation actually means.

I have still proven, and you haven't even attempted to refute, your
claim that no H can simulated D beyond the call to H. This makes your
claims just disproven lies and the repeating of them evidence of you
being a pathological liar that doesn't know the meaning of truth.

> When H stops simulating D then the simulated H that D calls
> also immediately stops because the executed H(D,D) that was
> simulating D(D) was also simulating the H(D,D) that D(D)
> calls as a part of its simulation of D(D).

When H stops simulating D, then the SIMULATION of H that calls D stops.

The actual machine that is being simulated does not, as there is nothing
to stop it.

You just don't understand the fundamental nature of a Turing Machine.

The thing is, the "State Transition Table/Tape operation" listing of a
Turing Machine is NOT a piece of "SOFTWARE", but is the Hardware
Description Language of the special purpose machine that is that Turing
Machine. The input tape is the "Programming".

Note, that "Hardware" needs nothing supplied to it to run, except for
the input tape, so it can't be halted once started.

This makes the UTM, just a different, "Hardware" implementation that
takes a description of any other Turing Machine, and simulates it,
giving the exact same results as if we built that specialized
"hardware". Thus one set of "hardware" can do all problems, and turns
the Hardware Description Language of the sepecialized machine into
something now more like a "software" program (as it is given on the
input, not the hardware design of the machine).

So, All these "Machines" being given as input, have full behavior
defined by the instruction built into them, and are NOT dependent on the
actual simulation done by H, so its "aborting" its simulation does NOT
affect the behavior that H is being asked to decide on, it just makes
the rest of the behavior beyond H's visibility.