Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1agj0$2hc6c$10@dont-email.me>

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.nickelodeon
Subject: Ex-Nickelodeon Exec Sues "Quiet On Set" Producers For Defamation
Date: Mon, 06 May 2024 04:30:48 -0400

Former Nickelodeon producer Dan Schneider is suing producers of the
documentary “Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV” for defamation.

The 58-year-old TV exec made a public apology for his behavior after the
documentary first aired. “Quiet on Set” included interviews with Schneider’s
former colleagues telling stories of a toxic workplace and what they saw as
questionable actions.

 “Watching over the past two nights was very difficult — me facing my past
behaviors, some of which are embarrassing and that I regret. I definitely owe
some people a pretty strong apology,” Schneider said in late March, as The
Daily Wire previously reported.

The new lawsuit states that while he takes responsibility for his actions,
“Quiet on Set” was “a hit job” which insinuated that Schneider “sexually
abused the children who worked on his television shows.”

“While it is indisputable that two bona fide child sexual abusers worked on
Nickelodeon shows, it is likewise indisputable that Schneider had no
knowledge of their abuse, was not complicit in the abuse, condemned the abuse
once it was discovered and, critically, was not a child sexual abuser
himself,” the lawsuit says, per USA Today.

“Defendants have destroyed Schneider’s reputation and legacy through the
false statements and implications that Schneider is exactly that,” it states.
“At times, he was blind to the pain that some of his behaviors caused certain
colleagues, subordinates, and cast members. He will regret and atone for this
behavior the rest of his life. But one thing he is not—and the one thing that
will forever mar his reputation and career both past and present—is a child
sexual abuser.”

The former Nickelodeon exec also told the outlet, “After seeing ‘Quiet on Set
‘and its Trailer, and the reactions to them, I sadly have no choice but to
take legal action against the people behind it.”

“In their successful attempt to mislead viewers and increase ratings, they
went beyond reporting the truth and falsely implied that I was involved in or
facilitated horrific crimes for which actual child predators have been
prosecuted and convicted,” Schneider continued.

“I have no objection to anyone highlighting my failures as a boss, but it is
wrong to mislead millions of people to the false conclusion that I was in any
way involved in heinous acts like those committed by child predators. I owe
it to myself, my family, and the many wonderful people involved in making
these shows to set the record straight.”

The four-part docuseries caused a stir when it premiered on March 17. Actor
Drake Bell went public saying he was the unnamed victim of sexual assault at
the hands of convicted pedophile Brian Peck, who was a dialogue coach at the
network.

While no formal complaints of sexual abuse were made against Schneider, the
documentary highlighted interactions he had with child actors who worked at
the network, including airing video of him spending time in a hot tub with
then-teenager Amanda Bynes.

The producer was let go from the network in 2018 amid allegations of abuse
but was never formally charged with any crimes.

--
Let's go Brandon!