Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1dkd3$3bcdt$2@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Windows victims: go ahead and pretend you don't want or need
 the greatest PC software available
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 12:20:51 -0400

Andrzej Matuch wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-05-07 8:08 a.m., Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>> It doesn't prove squat, GUI-boi.
>
> You're mocking him for enjoying a GUI? What decade are you in?
> < snip >

The 2020's, where I can use vim, gnu autotools, meson, gcc/g++, clang/clang++,
slrn, mutt, mpd + ncmpcpp, alsamixer, git, latex, ssh, and more in a terminal
window.

I do use gvim when I want edit two or more source-code files side by side.
Use zathura to read PDFs. GIMP for photo-tweaking. Libreoffice for short
how-tos. Conky for system info. GUI browsers mostly. And of course the sddm
display manager and the fluxbox window manager.

I'm not mocking him for enjoying a GUI, I'm mocking him for crowing like
a fool about it, as if there's only one true way to us a computer.

--
Q:	How do you save a drowning lawyer?
A:	Throw him a rock.