Article <v1eofe$cp5s$1@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1eofe$cp5s$1@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Every D(D) simulated by H presents non-halting behavior to H
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 22:36:30 -0400

On 5/7/24 11:40 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/7/2024 6:18 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> "In the universe" is not a set. In typical set theories like ZFC there
>>> is no universal set.
>>

> This template defines an infinite set of finite string H/D pairs where
> each D(D) that is simulated by H(D,D) also calls this same H(D,D).
>
> These H/D pairs can be enumerated by the one to ∞ simulated steps of D
> and involve zero to ∞ recursive simulations of H simulating itself
> simulating D(D). Every time Lines 1,2,3 are simulated again defines
> one more level of recursive simulation.
>
> 1st element of H/D pairs 1 step  of D  is simulated by H
> 2nd element of H/D pairs 2 steps of D are simulated by H
> 3rd element of H/D pairs 3 steps of D are simulated by H
>
> 4th element of H/D pairs 4 steps of D are simulated by H
> this begins the first recursive simulation at line 01
>
> 5th element of H/D pairs 5 steps of D are simulated by
> next step of the first recursive simulation at line 02
>
> 6th element of H/D pairs 6 steps of D are simulated by
> last step of the first recursive simulation at line 03
>
> 7th element of H/D pairs 7 steps of D are simulated by H
> this begins the second recursive simulation at line 01

Ok, and I can make an H that simulates its D to the final state.

Since yoiu refuese to specifiy rules fofr creating these H, that is
enough to make you claim invalid.

How about a question for you

Is H is single function of a infinite set of functions?

If it is an infinite set, how does a single function main call all of
them? and what does that actually mean?

> Can D correctly simulated by H terminate normally?
> 00 int H(ptr x, ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
> 01 int D(ptr x)
> 02 {
> 03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
> 04   if (Halt_Status)
> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
> 06   return Halt_Status;
> 07 }
> 08
> 09 int main()
> 10 {
> 11   H(D,D);
> 12 }
>
> *Execution Trace*
> Line 11: main() invokes H(D,D);
>
> *keeps repeating* (unless aborted)
> Line 01
> Line 02
> Line 03: simulated D(D) invokes simulated H(D,D) that simulates D(D)
>
> *Simulation invariant*
> D correctly simulated by H cannot possibly reach past its own line 03.
>
> The key thing to note is that no D simulated by any H ever reaches
> its own line 06 and halts. This means that the input to H(D,D) is
> ALWAYS non-halting.

Wrong, I showed two different ways to build an H that will do that.

Thus, your claim is just a LIE.