Article <v1iqli$nsva$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1iqli$nsva$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Every D(D) simulated by H presents non-halting behavior to H ###
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 10:38:24 -0500

On 5/8/2024 8:38 PM, immibis wrote:
> On 8/05/24 21:05, olcott wrote:

>>> HH is completely broken - it uses a global variable which is allows
>>> HH to detect whether it is the outer HH or a nested (simulated) HH.
>>> As a result, the nested HH behaves completely differently to the
>>> outer HH - I mean /completely/ differently: it goes through a totally
>>> separate "I am called in nested mode" code path!
>>>

>> The encoding of HH is not the pure function that it needs to be to
>> be a computable function.
>>
>> *Maybe you can settle this*
>>
>> The disagreement is entirely over an enormously much simpler thing.
>> The disagreement is that Richard says that a D simulated by H could
>> reach past its own line 03 and halt.
>
> Here's the proof:
>
> 1. A simulation always produces an identical execution trace to the
> direct execution.

*When pathological self-reference is involved this is counter-factual*
That no one can possibly show the steps of how D simulated by H possibly
reach line 06 of H proves this.

Richard tried to get away with D never simulated by H as an example
of D simulated by H:

On 5/1/2024 7:28 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

*That people say they know I am wrong yet will not show the detailed*
*steps of how I am wrong indicates that they are probably liars*