Article <v1iu1v$or12$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1iu1v$or12$1@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: What you need to know about the covid vaccines
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 12:36:12 -0400

On 5/8/2024 11:16 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
> Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> ALL medical studies have verified _what_, exactly? That some tiny
>> percentage of vaccine recipients had some bad reaction?
>>
>> Side effects are present with almost all pharmaceuticals. Have you
>> never read the warnings on things like aspirin, acetaminophen and
>> ibuprofen? In fact, some percentage of peanut eaters die from the
>> experience. That doesn't mean peanut butter should be illegal, or that
>> grocers are trying to kill us.
>
> Side effects are a detriment that must be rationally balanced with the
> benefits.  The benefits seem to have been real for older people, but for
> babes in arms, young people, or pregnant women the harms, potential or
> actual, clearly outweighed any tiny benefits.  The decision to try to
> force everyone to take the shot was not made using any normal medical
> judgement, other considerations took precedence.

"_Potential_ or actual" detriments is an excessively broad grouping; and
I don't believe it's been shown that they have "clearly" outweighed the
benefits. Data, please?

In any case, current evaluations of strategy are being made with the
huge advantage of hindsight. Cast your mind back to images of tent
structures in hospital parking lots, of patients lying in cots in
hallways, of temporary morgues, of health care workers sickened or
killed by the virus.

Pretending this was just the sniffles, as some right-wing Pollyannas are
now doing, is way beyond unrealistic. It was a worldwide emergency, and
the medical community was correct in trying hard to figure it out and
prevent disaster.

--
- Frank Krygowski