Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1klt7$18ifi$2@dont-email.me>

From: Don Y <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: The end of stackoverflow?
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 01:29:18 -0700

On 5/10/2024 12:16 AM, Sylvia Else wrote:
> One often has to trawl through a number of suggested solutions, either because
> most of them are wrong (or at least wildly apocryphal), irrelevant, or because
> the same or similar symptoms can have many different underlying causes.
>
> I have to wonder whether a language model is really up to the task of filtering
> out the dross, while keeping the important parts.

Patterns (repeated) in answers are reinforced.  So, outliers tend to
not influence the model, as much.

E.g., Carlin (?) did a bit in which he uttered something like, "Here's a
sentence no one has ever said before..."  You, thus, wouldn't expect an
AI to come up with such a sentence in "normal use" because its weights
are so low.