Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1l43a$1bfsi$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-09 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 05:31:38 -0700

On 5/10/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> While nursing my back, I watched:
>
> HIDDEN GEMS: FAILED 80S SPINOFFS THAT WERE ACTUALLY GREAT!:
> Join me (Kevin) from Retro Renaissance as I uncover the best-kept secrets of
> the 80s TV world! Discover the unexpectedly amazing shows that emerged from
> failed spinoffs like "Enos," "AfterMASH," "Booker," and more. Get ready for
> laughs and nostalgia as we delve into these retro treasures.
>
> Chapters:
>
> 00:00 Intro
> 00:20 Enos
> 03:25 AFTERMash
> 08:08 Booker
> 10:21 Flo
> 14:37 The Toretellis
> 17:46 Day by Day
> 20:12 Just the Ten of Us
> 22:43 Checking In
> 34:44 The Law and Harry McGraw
> 27:09 Living Dolls
>
> https://youtu.be/Q8fO5xN9DHM?si=4Nv3oQM_ZRbqfuYt

Are they high?! - Most of these were terrible. For example, "Just the
Ten of Us" was awful, with its only redeeming quality being that it was
stuffed full of hott chycks!

> What did you watch?

Still trying to get through grading. So at night, I just put "John Wick
3" in the background, and did some online grading. The only things I
actually watched were:

Night Court (2023) (Peacock) - "Chips Ahoy" (ep. #2.10). I have mixed
feelings about this one. The 'A' storyline had Melissa Fumero (who looks
middle-aged these days - I remember when she was a young hottie on
OLTL!!) as a "mean mom" acquaintance of Wyatt's whom Abby convicts in
the Night Court. Fumero then sticks around to menace Wyatt and annoy
Abby. In the 'B' storyline, Dan desperately wants to get in to an annual
'Fleet Week' poker game, so he can fleece the sailors and take their
money, while Gurgs tries to resist the "charms" of hott(?) sailors. In
the 'C' story, Flobert insists upon teaching Olivia how to scam people.
    This episode had some amusing bits. But, overall, I also didn't feel
that it really worked.

On Wheel of Fortune, the youts with grandparents teams were still
annoying! Also, I embarrassingly couldn't figure out the final puzzle.  :S

What did you watch?