Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1lt75$1hecc$2@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: cpu-x
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 15:40:21 -0400

vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Fri, 10 May 2024 08:33:09 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
> wrote in <v1l465$1bl4d$1@dont-email.me>:
>
>> vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> That's a very lame-brained opinion about gaming.
>>
>> I should have used the <sarcasm> marker :-D
>>
>>> And I've played Far Cry 5 all the way through, and loved it up
>>> until the contrived ending.  A lot of it is high satire, like the
>>> ending -- or when picking up a certain mission, there's guy sitting
>>> on his porch yelling about the "libtards".  But there's a lot of shooting
>>> in that game, so you might not like it.
>>
>> Guns stopped being fun for me early on. Same with involved games (short
>> attention span except for debugging code).
>>
>>> Elite Dangerous Odyssey has a 1:1 simulation of the galaxy, and if you are
>>> so inclined, you can pick a star and fly to it.  You can fly off "into the
>>> black" and never see anybody, much less run into combat.
>>>
>>> And if so inclined, you can play in "solo" mode, where gankers can't touch
>>> you, even if you're in the heart of the bubble.  It's a star ship simulator
>>> first, with an open-ended live-service game bolted onto it.
>>
>> Gamers seem to be a touchy group :-D
>
> Nah.

I dunno, there has been a notable amount of misogyny among male gamers.

> Just have seen my fair share of people bagging on gaming
> due to misinformation.  Sorry if I had classed you in that group.

I don't play involved games, but we took the grandsons to a gaming
joint in North Carolina, and I watched them play these militaristic games.
Pretty realistic! Maybe R rated for violence in my opinion.

And they play Fortnight with their friends across the USA.

--
Don't get stuck in a closet -- wear yourself out.