Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1m4lv$1iq5v$9@dont-email.me>

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Find "py.exe" & copy it to "Python" (flat, no extension).
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 21:47:43 -0000 (UTC)

On 10 May 2024 20:26:11 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

> Some things are easier done in LISP than in other languages. For
> example, you can pass a function as an argument to another function in
> C. But you need to use function pointers for that, which comes naturally
> in LISP.

Don’t forget also, you can have a function that returns a function as
result (“downwards funarg”). Lexical binding means the containing
function’s call frame (or at least the referenced parts thereof) needs to
be retained, even though the function itself has finished executing.

>> I understand there is a Javascript version but I haven't seen it.

<https://sicp.sourceacademy.org/sicpjs.pdf>
Created at the National University of Singapore, I believe.

> Don't know about it. But when I see javascript, I look away.

JavaScript has some, shall we say, jewels intermingled among the dross.