Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1m6mu$474e$1@solani.org>

From: Chris Schram <chrispam1@me.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the
 human experience
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 22:22:22 -0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 10 May 2024 14:33:50 -0700, Alan wrote:

>>> I usually tune out Apple advertisements during their announcements
>>> (and I generally avoid watching advertisements in general anyway). I
>>> was indifferent to it when I watched it again, and I don't take anyone
>>> claiming to be offended by it very seriously. It's just an ad.
>>
>> Given all your statements about Apple come from Apple advertisements,
>
> LOL!

Well, now that Arlen has entered the room, I suppose this conversation is
over. So I guess It's now OK to broaden the discussion, and eventually
drag it far off-topic.

In an online article commenting on the recent Apple ad, it was hinted that
videos of various objects being crushed by a hydraulic press has become
some sort of social media meme, perhaps a logical successor to "Will It
Blend." Perhaps I lead a sheltered life, but I have not viewed other such
videos. That would make Apple's ad a humorous (?!) parody of an existing
meme. I'll bet the committee that dreamed it up had a great laugh.

I'm really overthinking this, but the more I overthink it, the concept of
crushing traditional creativity tools to splinters and goo, before
compressing them into an iPad, seems not the very best way to advertise
the iPad's creativity tools.

So Stephen Colbert's parody is a parody of a parody of a social media
meme. My brain hurts!

--
chrispam1@me.com is an infrequently monitored address. Email may get lost.
Networking: What happens when, for as long as a moment, billions of