Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1mgis$1lm1o$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-09 (Thursday)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 01:10:52 -0000 (UTC)

Arthur Lipscomb  <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>On 5/10/2024 2:42 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> Star Trek: Discovery (Paramount+) - "Erigah" - I saw a bit of a preview
>>> for this episode that made it look like this would be an action packed
>>> episode with the Federation and Breen in an all out battle.  Instead
>>> this episode had the Breen showing up to throw their weight around and
>>> try to intimidate the federation but not a single shot was fired.  Then
>>> there were the two smugglers who I have increasingly grown to hate this
>>> season.  Meh!!!!
>>>

>>> Funny Girl (TCM) 1968 musical starring Barbra Stresand as a real life
>>> singer who rises to fame while falling in love with Omar Sharif.  I have
>>> tickets to see Funny Girl live on stage this weekend.  I wanted to watch
>>> the original movie before seeing it live.  I saw the movie once before
>>> many years ago but didn't remember it.  On this viewing I think I liked
>>> it a bit more.  It's still not a movie I'd particularly want to revisit,
>>> but it was watchable.
>>>

>> Is it significantly better than other Streisand movies, say, Up the
>> Sandbox?
>>

>Off the top of my head I can't think of any Streisand movie I'm a fan
>of.  Then again, I don't think I've only ever watched a handful of them.

Yentl has exactly one song in it with different lyrics. I am not
kidding. It's exactly the same melodic line and chord changes over and
over again. If you don't like that song, you'll hate it.

I like What's Up, Doc, but Madeline Kahn and Kenneth Mars were quite
funny, and I liked the elaborate stunts.

I saw A Star Is Born in theater when I was a kid. I hate that movie.

I saw For Pete's Sake in theater as a kid but I recall very little about
it.

I don't like The Main Event, and the ending was incredibly stupid. I had
no idea but Ryan O'Neil had been a boxer in real life.