Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1nf49$4usp$1@solani.org>

From: Chris Schram <chrispam1@me.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Apple publicly apologizes for celebrating its destruction of the
 human experience
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 09:52:09 -0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 10 May 2024 22:22:22 -0000 (UTC), Chris Schram wrote:

> On Fri, 10 May 2024 14:33:50 -0700, Alan wrote:

>>> Given all your statements about Apple come from Apple advertisements,
>>
>> LOL!
>
> Well, now that Arlen has entered the room, I suppose this conversation
> is over. So I guess It's now OK to broaden the discussion, and
> eventually drag it far off-topic.
>
> In an online article commenting on the recent Apple ad, it was hinted
> that videos of various objects being crushed by a hydraulic press has
> become some sort of social media meme, perhaps a logical successor to
> "Will It Blend." Perhaps I lead a sheltered life, but I have not viewed
> other such videos. That would make Apple's ad a humorous (?!) parody of
> an existing meme. I'll bet the committee that dreamed it up had a great
> laugh.
>
> I'm really overthinking this, but the more I overthink it, the concept
> of crushing traditional creativity tools to splinters and goo, before
> compressing them into an iPad, seems not the very best way to advertise
> the iPad's creativity tools.

And one more thing. Then I'll slip away back into lurker-land: I have seen
two separate comments about the ad that suggest it conveys its point
better, and adds a needed touch of humor, when played backwards. I tried
it.

I left the soundtrack and ending text screen running normally, and
reversed everything else. I also cut out about three seconds  of closeup
of the multicolored goo. It mostly works.

The agency could do a better job of it than I did in a few minutes with
iMovie, and make the ad suitable for TV. Or maybe it's too late for that
now.

--
chrispam1@me.com is an infrequently monitored address. Email may get lost.
Networking: What happens when, for as long as a moment, billions of