Article <v1njc0$20efb$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1njc0$20efb$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Yet Another New systemd Feature
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 12:04:32 +0100
 <l9ris7F74e0U1@mid.individual.net> <v1ac52$2gs3r$2@dont-email.me>
 <l9so4sFbj9uU2@mid.individual.net>
 <v1bril$1bh$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>
 <wwvv83p4p45.fsf@LkoBDZeT.terraraq.uk>
 <v1dusa$q8t$2@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>
 <wwvwmo5nuwi.fsf@LkoBDZeT.terraraq.uk> <v1fic8$3st0e$2@dont-email.me>
 <v1goh2$5t3j$4@dont-email.me> <v1iduh$kv8v$2@dont-email.me>
 <v1jjub$tpl5$2@dont-email.me> <v1lh8f$1eir6$2@dont-email.me>
 <v1m39g$1iq5v$2@dont-email.me>
 <97a1721c-655a-ae37-1844-963d43aca0e0@example.net>

On 11/05/2024 10:31, D wrote:

> On Fri, 10 May 2024, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>> Try telling that to climate change [scientists]...
>>
>> They have evidence. You don’t.
>>

> No they don't. Seriously, they don't. I think you are trapped by the
> eco-fascist propaganda Lawrence.

And that is the problem. There is a conjecture - one of many possible -
that purports to explain the 'facts'.
But the problem of induction, means that there are an infinite number of
conjectures that could explain the data, even if the data was clean,
plentiful  and unambiguous, which it isn't.
And the current conjecture fits the data so badly that its  excused by
the fallacious 'precautionary principle' to justify doing stuff that
cannot work 'in case' they are in fact right.

Another conjecture, that they dont understand how climate works at all,
and something else is in play, is simply disregarded, because it doesn't
lead to sales of greenCrap™ and research money for academics.

Turkeys don't vote for Christmas and 'climate scientists' don't vote for
'natural causes'.

Nor do the mass of ArtStudents who have leapt on the media bandwagon or
the companies that sell greenCrap or the politicians trying to make
careers out of it.

Its a trillion dollar boondoggle.

All based on just one conjecture, that has in fact been demonstrated to
be false.

A most convenient lie, however.

--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."

    - Stephen Vizinczey