Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1o0r2$23950$1@dont-email.me>

From: Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Today's re-post from the archives
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 00:54:25 +1000

Blueshirt wrote on 11/5/24 9:41 pm:
> Daniel70 wrote:
>
>> Blueshirt wrote on 11/5/24 12:37 am:

>>> You must own a smartphone?
>>
>> Pay-as-you-go smartphone.... and I figure watching a one
>> hour'ish program would well and truly blow my normal account
>> balance!!
>
> <looks at calendar and notes it actually is 2024>
>
> Er... okay.

But that would mean ME getting off my Arse and doing something!!

Back in the day (almost 30 years ago), I had an Internet account with a
small, local ISP. He originally had a shopfront but then moved
everything into his Home (which I visited a couple of times) .... sort
of like the asswipe .... but Ross knew what he was doing!!

Then got Mobile phone .... which I wasn't gunna use much so PAYG was way
to go.

ISP closed his UseNet server, so got UseNet account elsewhere.

Still not using Mobile Phone much, so stayed PAYG.

Original ISP closed down totally, so went to another ISP, TPG, who
originally supplied UseNet (but limited account [10GByte/month]) which
was heaps for my (then miniscule) usage.... but then they closed their
UseNet service to concentrate on phone + ISP service, so now with
Eternal-September for UseNet service

Still not using Mobile Phone much, so stayed PAYG.

So now, if I'm going to be doing a lot of InterNet T.V. and/or Pay T.V.,
I might have to change ...... *MIGHT* ..... but not yet!! ;-P
--
Daniel