Article <v1olgk$27unk$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1olgk$27unk$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Chris M. Thomasson" <chris.m.thomasson.1@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: [Meta] Personal announcement
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 13:47:15 -0700

On 5/11/2024 1:10 PM, Malcolm McLean wrote:
> On 11/05/2024 14:58, Phil Carmody wrote:
>> Malcolm McLean <malcolm.arthur.mclean@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Unfortunately that is very unlikely to be the case for my specific
>>> situation. But the oncologist was a bit vague on the prognoisis. But I
>>> can't as easily type now, for example. It might be more months than I
>>> expect, however.
>>
>> Wishing you all the best, Malcolm, and as a bit of a beer nerd I hope
>> you at least get your taste for that back, even if it's a low alcohol
>> variety.
>>
> Just saw the GP yesterday. I gave up alcohol for Lent, was too ill to
> think of drinking on Easter Sunday, then was in hospital from Easter
> Monday, and patients are not encouraged to drink. So that was a long
> period of not drinking. And on discharge I felt unable to face it. But
> the public house social mix doesn't really work when you are on soft
> drinks. And the GP said that I should not be feeling this way, and I'm
> getting some anti-nausea tablets. So maybe. And alcohol is a source of
> very digestible calories.

Right. Some of the beer out there is basically liquid bread anyway...
Can you keep any solid food down? Do you feel a sense of "hyper nausea"?
As if its hard to actually swallow food? Get a rather quick gag reflex?
You can start with a teaspoon of beer. See how it goes down. Also, if
you are starting to get really messed up and have no appetite at all...
Well, you can try a micro dose of some marijuana. See if it helps at
all, or makes things worse? I just don't know.