Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1p77h$2c271$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-10 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 18:49:21 -0700

On 5/11/2024 2:33 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On Friday pay day(!), after getting some work done (but not enough!!), I
>> resolved to make yesterday a "movie day" when I got home, so I basically
>> did.
>>

>> What did you watch?!
>

> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> BLUE BLOODS.
> Erin goes out of her way to set a criminal free but all she manages to do
> is get him killed. At least she acknowledges this.
>
> Eddie is an idiot in both her storylines and does all kinds of stuff a beat
> cop would never do.  She manages to make everybody concerned’s life worse,
> but at least they come out of it alive.
>
> Sean, who has inflated to three times his original volume, has a really
> weird storyline where he gets mugged that seems to be headed for he was
> part of the set up or hiding something, but it didn’t. Instead, it turns
> out that the head of campus security, a former cop, was heavily vetting
> students who would be carrying valuable stuff and getting various other
> students to mug them. Now this guy must be the worst person ever at his job
> because if he’s heavily vetting students, why the hell would he set the
> dogs loose on the grandson of the New York police commissioner and the son
> of the police force’s most violent detective?  And how much can his laptop
> be worth anyway? And you’re gonna have different people mug targets in the
> same location every night of the week?
>
> Joe and Jamie beat the snot out of each other because they genuinely don’t
> like each other. I’m rooting for Joe. Baker gives them disapproving looks.
> Frank settles on a punishment and then Eddie talks him out of it. When
> you’re listening to Eddie‘s advice, you know it’s time to retire.
>
> Henry has dinner. Baez has a walk on.
>
> Next week, the senses shattering season finale!
>

> DARK MATTER episode one
> I keep waiting for J. Jonah Jamison to show up and try to sell me
> insurance. At least it’s dark and dreary and confusing.
>

> DOCTOR WHOM
> OK, here’s the shocker of the month. This wasn’t horrible at all. It was
> way better than the Christmas special.
> The initial set up with explaining everything to the new companion was well
> done although it seems they’ve done a reset on history. The space babies
> Adventure itself wasn’t as good but it was still enjoyable. The second
> episode was just dumb. And there were a lot of points of big stupid that
> left you saying “why? and wouldn’t you do this instead?“

I liked the "Butterfly effect" joke at the start.  Otherwise the space
babies was a weak episode.

I liked "The Devil's Chord" a lot.  Well, mostly a lot.  I loved when
they broke the 4th wall at the start and played the show theme on the
piano.  I loved the mention of Susan.  More than a mention, they
actually talked a bit about her.  I've been reading online comments
about the show and it's been pointed there were multiple 4th wall breaks
in the episode.  I only caught some of them.  It's also been pointed out
that there has been a reoccurring character of an old woman who has
shown up in every episode now.  I have not noticed her at all.  But I
saw a link with pictures of her in each episode.  Speculation is the old
woman might be Susan and Susan is Ruby's mother.  Every time there's a
mysterious female character everyone jumps to it must be Susan.  But
this time, I think they might be right.  Especially since the Doctor
went out of his way to mention her.