Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1p7bo$2bto7$1@dont-email.me>

From: Don Y <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: The end of stackoverflow?
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 18:51:40 -0700

On 5/11/2024 5:27 PM, boB wrote:

> I have found that any of my contributions to a question are either
> removed or edited.  I thought it was just me but it looks like it
> isn't just me.
>
> This may be for stack-exchange or in addition to.
>
> Are they owned by the same people ?
> The article called them "sisters"

SO can be viewed as a part of SE (with a specific focus; contrast this
with, e.g., <https://diy.stackexchange.com/>)

You may be seeing some of the same "faces" reviewing your posts in
different places...  There's a certain mindset (i.e., control freak)
that draws people to moderating sites.

I find mailing lists to be the best form of PRODUCTIVE interaction;
usually, there is some long-standing relationship developed (if not
already in place) between the participants so there is something
at stake in their interactions -- beyond just access to the "interchange".

I.e., when my neighbor hires a mariachi band for their nieces quinceañera,
I grin and bear it.  And, they'd know that my "inconsiderate" use of a
jack hammer at 7AM is not one of CHOICE but of necessity.

[I wrote a mailing list program, many years ago, that allows the list
members to "censor" posts to which they object.  But, it *exposes*
each such censorship and penalizes the censor as well as the censored.
I found that it was rarely used as folks find censoring others almost
as abhorrent as BEING censored!  "Play nice..."]