Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1pflj$2hfif$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: How you can make cold-brew coffee in under 3 minutes using
 ultrasound
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 14:13:36 +1000

On 12/05/2024 3:55 am, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 11 May 2024 19:35:02 +0200, Jeroen Belleman
> <jeroen@nospam.please> wrote:
>
>> On 5/11/24 16:35, John Larkin wrote:

>>> I don't want a kitchen (or a house) full of goofy electronic gadgets
>>> that will break constantly. My gas stove, steel kettle, plastic cone,
>>> paper filters, and a can of Peets is long-term reliable, even if a
>>> solar storm takes the power out.
>>>
>>> I've just finished my first cup, so gotta go.
>>>

>> Coffee should be black as the night, hot as hell, sweet as love,
>> and consumed instantly. No cold, 24-hour old brew for me, thank
>> you nicely. Italian style espresso is what I like best.

Me too. "Hot as hell" is silly. It would burn your mouth. Sweet as love
is equally silly. Coffee is transient and love lasts (for a while at
least, and for a lifetime if you get lucky).
> All correct except for adding some cream, and savoring two cups for a
> while. "Instantly" is over way too soon.

Yuck.

> We don't get tired of coffee. We don't get tired of things that are
> addictive.

Coffee isn't addictive. Caffeine is, and I was addicted to it back when
I drank tea. Coffee is usually imbibed at less than the addictive dose
rate. We don't get tired of things that are never quite the same and
coffee beans are never entirely identical.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney