Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1q2fp$2laem$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Re:=20RTD=20tells=20us=20how=20he=E2=80=99s?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?=20going=20to=20just=20move=20forward?=
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 09:34:50 -0000 (UTC)
 <v1q23g$2l131$2@dont-email.me>

Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> The Last Doctor wrote on 12/5/24 1:54 am:
>> Daniel70 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>>> .... but did it also feature Churchill's Ironsides??
>>
>> No. Londinium is not WWII London. There is a Dalek cameo, but it is
>> of a badly damaged New Paradigm Dalek Supreme that the Doctor
>> cannibalises for its data core.
>>
>> The Episode is about time being broken - Earth is trapped in an
>> eternal single moment.
>>
> So NOT the story I am remembering/refering to!!

It is the only episode with elevated steam trains navigating through 21st
Century London office blocks - another hint that it’s not a WWII episode as
all of those were built post-war - (and cars flying along suspended under
balloons). And those are in the opening sequence.

You are conflating two episodes: this one (The Wedding of River Song), and
Victory of the Daleks which is the one with the robotic scientist
“developing” Daleks for use by the British in WWII, and featuring Spitfires
in Spaaace!

--
“The timelines and … canon … are rupturing” - the Doctor