Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1s396$5m0$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 04:00:39 -0000 (UTC)

Hi badgolferman,

Adults make their assessments based on facts.
Apple religious zealots do not.

In fact, Apple religious zealots don't even know the facts.
But I do know the facts.

Now that you've clicked on the reference links, what do you think?

Q: Does Apple fully support more than one major release or not?
A: ?

Q: Does the iPhone have ten times the exploits that Android has?
A: ?

Q: Does Samsung & Google fully support multiple releases or not?
A: ?

REFERENCES for QUESTION #1:
 *About software updates for Apple devices*
 <https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>
 "not all known security issues are addressed in previous versions
 (for example, macOS 13, iOS 16, and so on)"
 <https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>
 <https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
 <https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

REFERENCE for QUESTION #2:
 <https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>

REFERENCES for QUESTION #3:
 *Samsung Extends Android and Security Updates to 7 Years*
 <https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/samsung-extends-android-and-security-updates-to-7-years/>
 "Samsung phones now come backed with seven years' worth of
  security updates and seven generations of OS upgrades."

 *Google just put Apple and Samsung on notice - 7 years of software updates*
 <https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/google-pixel-8-software-updates>
 "That support covers everything, including full Android updates,
  the regular Pixel feature drops and security updates."

If the uneducated ignorant Apple religious zealots want to dispute these
facts, ask them to provide references such as I do for all my facts.