Article <v1sqo5$3dg0m$4@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1sqo5$3dg0m$4@dont-email.me>

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Yet Another New systemd Feature
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 11:41:08 +0100
 <l9ris7F74e0U1@mid.individual.net> <v1ac52$2gs3r$2@dont-email.me>
 <l9so4sFbj9uU2@mid.individual.net>
 <v1bril$1bh$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>
 <wwvv83p4p45.fsf@LkoBDZeT.terraraq.uk>
 <v1dusa$q8t$2@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>
 <wwvwmo5nuwi.fsf@LkoBDZeT.terraraq.uk> <v1fic8$3st0e$2@dont-email.me>
 <v1goh2$5t3j$4@dont-email.me> <v1iduh$kv8v$2@dont-email.me>
 <v1jjub$tpl5$2@dont-email.me> <v1lh8f$1eir6$2@dont-email.me>
 <v1m39g$1iq5v$2@dont-email.me> <v1n8ir$1u3jq$3@dont-email.me>
 <v1nbb4$1unbv$1@dont-email.me> <v1ncug$1v239$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1p1ol$2ake7$2@dont-email.me> <v1p3ug$2bbun$2@dont-email.me>
 <c9b8713e-970d-0706-ad11-fde796af5f86@example.net>
 <v1r22d$2sb8f$4@dont-email.me>
 <f07134fd-48be-56e7-b09b-607c3d292af2@example.net>

On 12/05/2024 20:42, D wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2024, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>> Well Rolls Rocce fell though the floor in COVID as no one was flying,m
>> but now they are and so are the shares. They are also trying to get a
>> small nuclear reactor design approved.
>
> Will look into it. Generally, nuclear would seem like the logical
> choice, but there's still a lot of opposition to it from the deep state,
> so it could take decades before an investment blossoms.

I invested in nuclear around 2006 when it was clear that there was no
other alternative to it, and lost a little.
It takes around 15-25 years for  the 'exhausting every other
alternative' bit to happen.
I think we have another 5 years of renewable crap to live through before
someone like Bill Gates builds a small reactor and suddenly they are
'what everybody uses'

You don't have to be concerned about climate change to realise we are
running out of *cheap* fossil fuel, at least in Europe, and the drive to
renewables  plus bigging up climate change as a *moral* issue reflects a
typical ArtStudent™ response to that.

> I did look at a swedish nuclear power services company, but they were
> already fairly highly valuated, due to the EU acknowledgeing nuclear as
> green energy I suspect.

I shied away from ARM years ago when someone pointed out that their
valuation required 'every household to own half a dozen microcontrollers'.

What with smart phones TVS and cars, today they do...

My strategy is simple. Put a few in my portfolio, and if they start to
climb, buy more. |If they don't, sell them.

--
“Progress is precisely that which rules and regulations did not foresee,”

  – Ludwig von Mises