Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1t93p$3gtsu$1@dont-email.me>

From: Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: Auroras
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 15:46:17 +0100

On 10/05/2024 04:18, Wanderer wrote:
> Anyone in Europe seeing Auroras?
>
> https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-30-minute-forecast#

Yes. On Friday night the aurora was very strong and it ran from horizon
to horizon N-S where I was up near Alnwick. Brighter than the milky way
and visible in a still slightly light sky with a thin crescent moon.

I couldn't see any colour in it but it was in moving ribbons. Alas my
best camera for taking deep sky time exposures was out of battery :(

https://www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2024/may/11/northern-lights-dazzle-the-uk-and-europe-in-pictures

I haven't seen one that bright for over two decades. I missed two
similar ones last month and the month before visible from where I live.
Luck of the draw whether it is clear or cloudy. I have never seen one
that reached so far south and remained bright all the way.

A few friends have good photos of it. It was seen from the entire UK and
down as far as parts of Germany (and Hokkaido in Japan).

--
Martin Brown