Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1vlgg$5i38$3@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: cpu-x
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 08:30:08 -0400
 <v1f0m2$3ot7f$3@dont-email.me> <v1fr57$3urp9$3@dont-email.me>
 <v1jqfo$v3os$3@dont-email.me> <663fba6f$1$6436$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <66400e83$0$7173$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <v1rjq7$31trl$1@dont-email.me>
 <66420423$0$6444$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <v1u5nc$3nmqc$5@dont-email.me>
 <6642ac1f$0$3711206$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <v1uc1l$3p35a$2@dont-email.me>

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 14 May 2024 00:11:11 GMT, Andrzej Matuch wrote:
>
>> So, it would be beneficial to open-source developers to make sure that
>> their software breaks easily and crashes, so as to sell the support.

Uh, projects with a reputation for breakage will stop being used at all.

> Clearly you have never used the stuff.
>
> No, actually, you are depending crucially on it right now, without
> realizing it. Without Open Source, there would be no Internet.

One thing people don't seem to understand is that most programmers, especially
"open-source" programmers, have pride!  They don't want to be ridiculed for
writing garbage. They want to please their uses and respond quickly to issue
reports. Many of them are even OCD about their code.

--
"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
		-- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"