Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1vudm$7rn7$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-09 (Thursday)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 15:02:14 -0000 (UTC)

john <john@hamiltonhall.info> wrote:

>. . .

>Besides the MASH spinoff of "AfterMASH' there was "W*A*L*T*E*R" in which
>(Radar) Gary Burghoff stars as rookie cop Walter O'Reilly. The show only
>aired once as it was cancelled immediately.

Our constantly-morphing troll got it very wrong.

This was a pilot that aired on CBS 7/17/1984, according to the Wikipedia
page. It wasn't cancelled as, not having been order to series, there was
no series to cancel.

>Then there was "Trapper John M.D." that show however was quite
>successful running for seven seasons.

This was not a spinoff of the tv series M*A*S*H, nor was it based on the
movie. Producers were further exploiting rights to the Trapper
John character from the novels and could not refer to stories created
for the tv series or movie, which they did not have rights to. It was
not set in the same universe as either the tv series or movie.