Article <v20ikg$cmuc$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v20ikg$cmuc$1@dont-email.me>

From: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@netcologne.de>
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Subject: Re: Unicode in strings
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 20:47:12 -0000 (UTC)
 <v1ep4i$1ptf$1@gal.iecc.com> <v1eruj$3o1r8$1@dont-email.me>
 <v1h8l6$1ttd$1@gal.iecc.com> <v1kifk$17qh0$1@dont-email.me>
 <2024May10.182047@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at>
 <v1ns43$2260p$1@dont-email.me>
 <2024May11.173149@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at>
 <v1preb$2jn47$1@dont-email.me>
 <2024May12.110053@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at>
 <6124140226e28fd4afec0b435bdbeca1@www.novabbs.org>

MitchAlsup1 <mitchalsup@aol.com> schrieb:

> I think people in Japan should be able to use printf by using プリントフ

I have to put up with a minor version of that - Microsoft decided to
localize folder names ("Program files" is dislplayed as "Programme"
if you use German settings, except when you access it via the
command line), and all Excel functions are localized; depending
if you use English or German versions, arguments are separated
via comma or semicolon.  Of course, the other way is a syntax error.

Saving things in native Excel format is OK, but generating a CSV
file from a program will either work or not, depending on locale

This is about as annoying as it gets...