Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v20m3q$dgcq$1@dont-email.me>

From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Dressing RG6
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 21:46:35 -0000 (UTC)

John Larkin <jjSNIPlarkin@highNONOlandtechnology.com> wrote:

>>> Bazooka balun.
>>
>> The parasitic capacitance created between coax and its metal armor can
>> open a Pandora's box of potential problems.
>>
>> Danke,
>
> Capacitance between the coax outer and the copper pipe? Proper coax
> shouldn't have any external field.

If the whole system is really coaxial, that’s true. Leaky shields, ground
loops, and so on, will modify that.

Depending on the application, you may or may not care.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs  Principal Consultant  ElectroOptical Innovations LLC /
Hobbs ElectroOptics  Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics