Article <v22o5u$ven4$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v22o5u$ven4$2@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Is Richard a Liar? No!
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 11:34:06 -0500

On 5/15/2024 9:54 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> In comp.theory olcott <polcott333@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> [ .... ]

>>> [ .... ]

>>> [ .... ]

>>> I see evidence to the contrary.  You may have dabbled in C twenty
>>> years ago, or so, but if you were an expert C/C++ programmer, you
>>> would not have written those twelve lines so carelessly that they
>>> don't even compile.
>
>> *I have told you that this is a template previously*
>
> Whatever that might mean, you have asserted (or at least implied) that
> that code was written in C, whether you call it a template or not.
>
> You are not an expert in C, see above.  Given your known penchant for
> telling untruths,

That by itself is defamation.

No one has even proven that my statements are false.

The usual "proof" that my statements are false is empty rhetoric
entirely bereft of any supporting reasoning or ad hominem attacks.

Relying in such "evidence" is the reckless disregard for the truth
of defamation.

https://dictionary.findlaw.com/definition/reckless-disregard-of-the-truth.html

> there is nothing posted in this newsgroup suggesting
> you have expertise in C coding, and much suggesting the contrary.
>
>> *Ignoring this are repeating the above claims are the*
>> *reckless disregard for the truth of defamation cases*
>
> Then sue me for defamation.  You might have to learn a bit of German,
> first.

When I prove that IT IS defamation (as I have) that destroys your
credibility.

>> *Failing to provide the single counter-example required to show*
>> *that I am incorrect because you know such a counter-example*
>> *does not exist IS DEFAMATION*
>
> A counter example to an assertion about some code that doesn't even
> compile?  Quite honestly, I can't be bothered.  Richard has already given
> one.  Besides, the burden of proof for your assertion lies on you.  You
> have given no proof, so far, and as already stated, you likely don't even
> understand what the word proof means.
>
>> https://dictionary.findlaw.com/definition/reckless-disregard-of-the-truth.html
>
>> 00 int H(ptr x, ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
>> 01 int D(ptr x)
>> 02 {
>> 03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
>> 04   if (Halt_Status)
>> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
>> 06   return Halt_Status;
>> 07 }
>> 08
>> 09 int main()
>> 10 {
>> 11   H(D,D);
>> 12 }
>
>> Any H/D pair matching the above template where
>> D(D) is simulated by the same H(D,D) that it calls
>> cannot possibly reach past its own line 03.
>> This is a simple software engineering verified fact.
>
> And that last sentence is (yet another) lie.

That you call it a lie without any evidence that it is
false IS DEFAMATION.